Teaching plan for Unit 6 Section B-2
By Chun-wu Tang
November 21, 2017
1． Learn some new words, phrases and sentences.
healthy ，habit，well，star，fat…；eating habits．．；Do you like…? Does he / she like…?
2. Learn to use some reading strategies to get information.
3. Learn about the Present Tense.
4. Learn to describe someone’s likes and dislikes.
5. Learn to use the pronouns correctly.
6. Learn to imitate and create.
7. Learn to cooperate with others and share ideas with partners.
8. Learn about the importance of being healthy and try to have good eating habits.
Important and difficult points:
1. The Present Tense.
2. Phrases and sentences.
3. The use of pronouns.
4. Read for writing.
Step 1 Warming up
Sing an English song——Forever Young.
Step 2 Lead in
1. Words challenge Have students give names of meals, fruits, foods and vegetables. (brainstorm and competition between boys and girls)
2. Ask one student: I had … and … for breakfast this morning. What about you? What do you often have for breakfast?
3. Show a picture of my niece Gina.
Q1: What does Gina have for breakfast/ lunch/ dinner?
Show some pictures on the screen. Have students answer the above questions.
Q2: Do you think her food is healthy? Teach “healthy”.
Step 3 2a
Q: Which food do you think is healthy? Check Yes, Maybe or No. Show the form on the screen, collect one student’s answers. Teach “maybe”.
Step 3 Presentation
1. Teach star, sports star, volleyball star by using the pictures of Liu Xiang and Cindy.
2. Present the magazine article on the screen.
Step 4 Comprehensive reading
1. Have students read and answer:
Q1. What’s the article mainly about? Q2. Does Cindy have good eating habits?
2. 2b. Have students read and circle the food words. Ask one student to circle on the computer. Check the answers.
3. Play the tape, students listen and repeat. Then fill in the blanks in Exercise I. Check the answers.
4. 2c. Have students write five sentences about Cindy’s eating habits. Check the answers.
Step 4 Intensive reading
Have students read the article again and finish Exercises II--IV. Students can finish it by themselves or in groups. Check the answers and give some explanation if necessary.
Step 5 Retell
Have students retell Cindy’s eating habits by using the mind map on the screen, like this: Cindy is a sports star. She has good eating habits. For breakfast, she loves fruits. …
(If there is no time left, leave it to the next period before writing.)
Step 6 Conclusion
Go through what we have learned in this period. (mind map)
Step 7 Homework
1. Read the article after the tape. Correct and revise the mistakes in the exercises.
2. Write a short composition about one’s eating habits. They may choose from the following two tasks.
1) Make a survey at home or after class. Then write a report (at least five sentences).
2) Tell us something about Cindy’s eating habits.
(Give them some tips before writing if there is time. If there’s no time left, the tips can be used in the next period.)