Unit 7 Will people have robots ? ( Section A 1a-1c)
By Li Xia November 21st, 2017
Ⅰ. Knowledge goals:
1. To help Ss learn new some words and phrases: robots , paper, in the future, live to be, be free, on computers, make predictions.
Expressions: People will have robots in their homes.
There will be only one country.
Kids won't go to school.They will study at home on computers.
People will live to be 200 years old.
Books will only be on computers, not on paper.
—Will people use money in 100 years?
—No,they won't. Everything will be free.
2.To help Ss revise the expressions in last period.
3. To let the Ss learn to express their predictions for the future.
4.To help the Ss master the grammar knowledge--the Simple Future Tense.
Ⅱ. Emotion, attitude and values:
1. To guide the Ss to talk about the future;
2. Watch a video about robots.
3.Review what Ss have learned in the last Unit. Review “be going to+do”.
1. Show Ss some pictures of Jacky, lead to the new expression: “will do”- the Simple Future Tense.
2. Learn the Simple Future Tense by pictures. And do some exercises to consolidate it.
3. Learn Mr. Prediction’s predictions about the future and the simple future tense through pictures.
Ask Ss their opinions about the future, discuss how the world be different 100 years from now?
Ⅳ. Group work
Ask Ss to imagine as possible as they can, make more predictions.
Listen to 1b, and finish the exercise.
Ⅵ. Pair work
Let students practice 1c and make their own conversations.
Everyone will change! What will you be like in ten years? Write and report.
Lead students to summarize the learned knowledge in this period.